Monday, August 8, 2011

Arboretum

The Morgan Arboretum is a 2.45 square kilometers forested reserve, situated on the McGill University Macdonald Campus in Ste. Anne de Bellevue on the western tip of the island of Montreal.



I love going to the Arboretum. It is not only peaceful, but you also have the impression of being very far away in a forest. Best of all, they grant 500 dog passes every year! When you have a dog pass, you dog can tag along UNLEASHED on 3 of the 5 available trails. It is truly a dog’s paradise.


 




A few years ago, I had a few months off between 2 jobs, and I used to bring my dogs every morning for a long walk. I had only been back a few times since then and this year we obtained one of the dog passes, with the intention of bringing Emma and the dogs.

Today was the first time I was using the dog pass and Kyra and Maya were ecstatic! Emma enjoyed it too, although she did lose her pink sippy cup along the 3km trail that we were following.




A few days before we had taken Emma to the Ecomuseum for the second time (the Arboretum and the Ecomuseum are actually neighbours and are sharing the same wood area) and she met a young caribou, a deer, a raccoon and a few other new friends. Good times!



2 comments:

  1. What great photos!! i wish there was a park around here where I could take my dog off leash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shayna! A dog off leash running in the woods is what pure happiness looks like :)

    ReplyDelete