Friday, June 17, 2011

Beach bum for life!

I’m a beach bum at heart. I discovered this when I was 18 years old when my mother took my brother and I for a week to the island of Margarita in Venezuela. I fell in love with the palm trees, the beach and the ocean. So much so, that the following year I moved to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico and stayed there for 2 years, working as an activities & entertainment staff member for all-inclusive resorts, which allowed me to be on the beach every single day. Since then, I’ve been travelling “down south” at least once a year. Taking it a step further, we even got married on the beach! But I’ll keep that story for another time.

Last October, we introduced Emma to the beach bum life. She’s a natural. I think she inherited my beach bum spirit.



We took her for a week to the beautiful and secluded island of Cayo Guillermo in Cuba. I was extremely nervous about the plane and bus ride to the hotel, but she was amazingly calm and happy during the whole trip. She became baby-beach-bum.




We are now planning our next vacation and I can’t wait to see how she will react this time. Last time, she couldn’t walk, nor could she really enjoy the sand and the ocean. I can’t wait to see her eating some Caribbean sand and drink some salty water ;)


Being a beach bum is a state of mind. It helps to have a beach to bum on but since I won’t have one for a few months, I’ll continue to day-dream about palm trees, waves, white sand and hammocks while listening to my Bob Marley CDs.





Life isn’t easy; enter the Beach!


2 comments:

  1. Aaah! I wanna go. :( That looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhh, this so reminds me of home! I am from the Bahamas and these pictures makes me so happy. Your little girl is definitely a beach princess and she's the cutest!

    Following from MBC, www.beautyandthegreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete