Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summertime Fun

Warm weather is finally upon us and Emma is discovering her first summertime fun. Through her eyes we are re-discovering it as well. Her first discovery was the sandbox. Since her favourite thing to do is put everything in her mouth she HAD to put a handful of sand in her mouth. I figured she would realize quickly that it didn’t taste that great (which she did) so we let her try it.



She also discovered a fantastic place called “The Playground”. More specifically, the baby swings. I say specifically because she didn’t seem impressed with the slides and other playground classics but she did love the swings! I expect her first words will be “I want a swing set” to which we’ll respond “ask your grandma” ;)

 


We now get to go play outside every day, whether it’s at the neighbourhood park or in our backyard. Her first experience with grass wasn’t quite successful. She seemed the think the grass was the enemy but she is slowly making friends with it. Speaking of grass, looks like we’re slowly winning the turf war going on in my front yard!





After a day spent playing outside the best thing to do is ... nap.

2 comments:

  1. Your lawn looks AWESOME Eve, I'm completely jealous.

    Keats and Emma could totally be swing buddies, he loves them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lawn does look awesome! I am quite jealous. I love the picture of her chewing on the swing. Carter does that, too, lol.

    ReplyDelete