Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Photo Class

Today was my first photo class! The teacher was very nice and knowledgeable.  The first class was about learning how to use the different functions on our camera. I only had my compact camera, since I haven’t bought a SLR (single-lens reflex) yet, but I still learned a lot of new things. I plan on buying a SLR very soon but since I don’t have one yet and the next class will mostly be about speeds and exposure, I’m borrowing one to learn how to use it (thanks Bernard!).


The class is called “Picture & Stroller”, it’s meant for mommies with young infants who want to learn about taking better pictures of their babies. The atmosphere is obviously not “quiet” since there are 5 babies attending the class. Emma was cranky and tired due to having a fever all weekend so it was a bit of a challenge to stay focused on the teacher. Thankfully he had prepared good notes for us to take home and review.


We have a few assignments to do for next class and one of them is to take self-portraits of myself with Emma, using the timer, and the continuous-shooting option. That should be fun! I will also start shopping around for a SLR camera.


In the meantime, here’s my favourite pic of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment