Saturday, January 22, 2011

Leap of faith

I love photography. Always did. I can spend hours looking at pictures. A few days ago I followed a link that brought me to Kelle Hampton’s blog (http://www.kellehampton.com/) and it inspired me so much that I decided to finally follow my dreams and learn photography. I don’t know if I’ll be any good but I’ll never know if I don’t give it a try. It’s never too late to follow your dreams right?
Talking about dreams, I've wanted to write a book for years. But because I kept changing my mind about the subject it hasn't happen yet. Then I thought, maybe I should start with a blog! But I could never choose a topic. So I decide to combine two of my dreams: writing and photography. I'll blog about my journey in photography!
I love taking pictures, looking at them, at the colors, the details, the shades, the expression on the subject’s face but I’m very much a point and shoot kind of photographer. So first things first, I’m taking a 4 day photography class with Emma, starting next week. I’m saying with Emma because this is a “bring-your-baby” workshop where you use your baby as your model.  In the meantime, I’m also going to raid the bookstore for good photography books and start looking into getting a better camera. Who knows, maybe I’ll be very good and this will turn out to be more than a hobby and a way for me to share my passion for photography with my friends and family and it might turn into something bigger.
Welcome to my journey, I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!

    I have also always wanted to write a book. I've started and stopped about 3 of them. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Félicitations! C'est un bon pas vers la réalisation de tes rêves. Je viens d'en apprendre plus sur toi, je ne savais pas que tu aimerais écrire un livre. Je te le souhaite alors! J'aime beaucoup ta photo! Je vais te lire assidûment!

    ReplyDelete