Monday, October 22, 2012

Newborn Pictures


When Emma was 5 weeks old, I took her to Magenta Photo Studio for a newborn photo shoot. Magenta makes beautiful pictures but is ridiculously expensive. Seriously, you need a second mortgage on your house to be able to afford their packages. Since I had a gift certificate from my baby shower I had decided to go ahead and try them. It ended up costing 5 times the amount of the certificate but it was definitely worth it. I had 3 of them framed and hung  around the house, including my favorite black and white one of me holding baby Emma. I figured it would be unfair to not have the same photo shoot for Alex.  I could imagine an older Alex complaining about the lack of pictures of him “Mom, why is there a bunch of pictures of Emma on the wall and none of me?!?!”. And I loved that black and white picture so much that I figure it would be so cool to have the exact same one with Alex. So I took a third mortgage on my house and headed to Magenta ....






And here are the ones from Emma’s photo shoot 2 and half years ago:






When we finally got the pictures back (not only do they charge you an insane amount of money but they also take over 3 weeks to give you your pictures) I realized that I had 6 good ones of each kid and 4 of them were similar poses so I made a picture wall!
I could stare at that wall all day long (which I do, incidentally, since I spend many hours breastfeeding my noob baby every day). I’m so happy I had those newborn pictures taken. They are that tiny once in their lives and it lasts only a few weeks. It goes by so quickly, with the millions of things to do, that sometimes it’s hard to remember how small they were. This is the best reminder I could get <3
Speaking of having your picture taken (since I usually take my own pictures), Emma had her yearly “school” picture taken at daycare a few weeks ago. I like that they have their picture taken every year like in school. Emma loves to look at the group picture and name all of her friends. I can see another picture wall in our near future ;)

1 comment: